4K UHD Player
DVDFab Free Download
Get 30-Day Free Trial
Use DVDFab to copy, rip and create DVDs/Blu-rays, convert videos, and remove Cinavia and DRM
macOS 10.10 - 10.14
Ubuntu 16.04 and above
2021-07-02 04:40:14 Posted by WiKi
Summary: Can PS3 play Blu ray? Yes. Read this article and learn how to Play Bluray on PS3. The following step-by-step guideline will help you save twists and turns.
The Most Complete Multimedia Backup Solutions
Does PS3 play Blu ray? Absolutely YES! Many people stick to PS3 to play Blu ray despite PS4 and PS4 Pro has come to the market. Maybe it is for money saving, or it's just due to personal habit. PS3 is widely used to play games and other forms of digital videos. In fact, the game console is the very first consumer-grade entertainment system with an embedded PS3 Blu ray player. Here in this article, I will provide you with three methods on how to play Blu ray on PS3.
Is it easy or safe to use PS3 to pay Blu ray? YES! PS3 is capable to play Blu ray. Make sure your PS3 is connected with the internet and keep PS3 updated if necessary. Till now, Playstation 3 Blu ray must be at least or above the version of 1.50. Subsequently, let's get down to the steps on how to play Blu ray on PS3 direclty.
(1) Insert the Blu-ray disc you want to play into your PS3’s optical drive. Instead of choosing the Game Tab from the home menu, pick the Video Tab and then highlight the disc you just inserted. Press the X button to start playing the disc. This is the first step for PS3 "play Blu ray".
(2) While PS3 is playing Blu ray, use your controller to play, pause, and stop the movie or navigate through the menu.
(3) The triangle button to access the menu that lets you choose subtitles and adjust the volume. L1 and R1 are used for skipping between chapters, while L2 and R2 allow you to fast forward or rewind the video. The right analog stick can be used to perform a similar function but gives you a lot more precision. Finally, when you want to return to the home screen simply press the circle button.
Can PS3 play Blu ray? Yes, just follow the steps above and play Blu ray movies, on Playstation 3 directly.
Let's continue to explore the answer to "Does PS3 play Blu ray". In case your PS3 Blu ray doesn't work and save your Blu ray disc from scratches, ripping Blu ray to PS3 with a Blu ray ripper is a good choice. In order to help you wit this aspect, DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper can do a good job. This PS3 Blu ray ripper rip any Blu ray files to digital formats compatible with portable devices like PS3. The great thing about DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is that you don’t even have to know which formats your PS3 supports. This PS3 Blu ripper comes with a number of pre-made profiles featuring PS3. In collaboration with DVDFab’s Cinavia Removal Solution, this PS3 play Blu ray software can also get rid of the Cinavia watermarksin Blu ray.
(1) Launch DVDFab 11 and select the "Ripper" module in the top menu. Insert the Blu-ray disc you want to rip into your optical drive and wait until this PS3 Blu ray ripper loads it up or use the “+” button to manually add the disc or a compatible folder that’s already on your computer.
(2) Click the Profile Switcher in the upper left corner to choose a PS3-compatible format. You can pick a format yourself if you know what you’re doing or you can let the tool do it for you, as previously mentioned. Alternatively, let the software pick the format for you and go to Device -> Sony and then select the Play Station 3 option. It is very easy to let PS3 play Blu ray with this software.
(3) This step is optional, you can the Video Edit and Advanced Settings button is the main interface of this PS3 Blu ray ripper to customize your video.
(4) Set an output directory using the option at the bottom. Then click the button of "Start". Ready to rip Blu ray to PS3.
After ripping Blu ray to PS3-supported formats with DVDFab PS3 Blu ray ripper, how to play ripped Blu ray on PS3? Find a USB flash drive or external hard drive so that you can transfer the fileto your console.
(1) Connect the drive and then copy over the contents of the disc you just ripped using DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper.
(2) Wait until the transfer is complete and then plug in the drive into your PS3.
(3) Go to the Video Tab from the home screen and select the drive. Press the triangle button to see its contents and select the movie to play it directly or copy it to the PS3’s hard drive to watch later.
Does PS3 play Blu ray? YES! We hope this article can help you learn how to play Blu ray on PS3 in the most efficient way possible. The easiest way is, of course, to play it directly but using DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper coupled with a USB/external hard drive is sometimes a better alternative. This method is particularly useful if you’re a collector and want to keep your Blu-ray discs in pristine condition at all time. With DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper you only need to rip the discs once and then you can copy and transfer the contents as many times as you want, thus ensuring that you’ll never have to take the original discs out of their box ever again in the future.
By the way, can PS3 play DVD? YES! The PS3 console can play Blu ray discs and DVDs as long as they are sold in the same region as the console. Hence, make sure your DVDs have the same region code as your PS3 console. Next, to play DVDs on PS3 will be as easy as ABC. Just follow the above-mentioned steps.
If you also have an Xbox One game console at hand, you may be also interested in how to play Blu-rays on Xbox One.
Related Articles Recommended:
Download Amazon Prime Video to Any Device [PC, iPad, iPhone, Android, Disc]
Netflix Competitors: YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Hulu, HBO
Disney Download to Watch Disney Movies and Songs Free
Netflix Movies Download and Burn Downloaded Netflix Shows to DVD/Blu-ray
Hulu vs Netflix: One Way to Get Them Both 2021
Best Movies on Netflix for Offline Watching [Windows/Mac/APK]
HEVC Codec Extension Free Download and HEVC Codec Players Windows/Mac
Bluray Movies Download, Free Movie Download in High Quality on Both PC and Mobile
Watch Harry Potter on PC/Smartphone/TV [YouTube Download]
Anime Movies Free Watching and Download 2021
2021 Super Resolution AI Software to Upscale Image without Quality Loss
Unblur Photos Free and Fast [Remove Blur from Photo]
WeSing: Download Best Karaoke Songs Free
1. Convert Blu-rays to MP4, MKV, and etc., to watch on PCs, portable & mobile devices
2. Extract Blu-ray audios to AAC, MP3, and etc., to listen on iPod, or other music players
3. Customize the audio & video parameters to meet specific needs from different users
4. Edit the output videos like cropping, trimming, adding text/image watermark, and etc.
Rip DVDs to various video/audio formats
Rip 4K UHD Blu-rays to various video formats
Copy any Blu-rays to Blu-ray discs/folders/ISO files
What is HDMI eARC and what is HDMI 2.1? If you’re not an audiophile, these jargons might sound very strange to you, even if your newly purchased smart TV actually supports it, you just don’t know about it. Now that you’re reading this article, then make sure you read till the end, as we’ll explain all these things to you in great detail, so that you can improve the audio quality exponentially when watching Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray movies at home on your Smart TV model.
Netflix download. Some independent movies with good stories are worth watching. Here are the top 5 best independent movies on Netflix that you may be interested in.
Can Xbox One play Blu ray? This article aims to show you how to play Blu-rays on Xbox One efficiently. Besides, it details how to convert Blu-rays to Xbox One supported formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV and more, easily and quickly with stunning quality, so that you can play convert videos on mobile devices or play 4K on your home 4K TV.