4K UHD Player
DVDFab Free Download
Get 30-Day Free Trial
Use DVDFab to copy, rip and create DVDs/Blu-rays, convert videos, and remove Cinavia and DRM
macOS 10.10 - 10.14
Ubuntu 16.04 and above
2019-03-19 03:16:47 Posted by Gabriel
Summary: How to record screen on Mac? Here are different tools and methods for you to record your screen on Mac easily and quickly.
The Most Complete Multimedia Backup Solutions
Knowing how to record what’s happening on your Mac screen can really come in handy. For example, maybe you want to capture a few parts of a YouTube video or maybe you want to record an important video call with your loved ones. Whichever the case, there are plenty of good tools out there that will allow you to record pretty much anything you want on your Mac. But as with most pieces of software, some of these tools offer different features so it’s important to know a bit about them before you decide which one to use.
It’s also worth mentioning that while many of these tools are free, the premium ones tend to offer a lot more functionality so you definitely get what you pay for. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how to record the screen on Mac with free tools and then we’re going to talk a bit about the advantages of premium tools. Let’s start with some of the most popular free options available.
This is the default option that many Mac users go with when they want to quickly record something without any hassles. QuickTime Player comes pre-installed with all recent versions of macOS so it’s very likely that you’ve already used this software before. But do you know how to record video on the Mac screen using QuickTime Player? If not, here’s how to record screen on Mac using QuickTime Player:
1. Start by opening QuickTime Player. From the menu bar select File and then click on the option that says New Screen Recording.
2. Click on the little triangle button to access the settings menu. There are only a couple of basic options here so check the ones you want and proceed to the next step.
3. In order to record screen on Mac simply hit the Record button and then click anywhere on the screen. If you’re wondering how to record part of the screen on your Mac, this is done by selecting a specific part of the screen using your cursor.
4. Click the stop button (the one that was red before) to stop recording the video. Upon doing so, the video will pop up automatically so that you can play or edit it. You only have basic editing options to work with but they’ll do the trick.
OBS Studio is a popular free tool that works equally well on both Mac and Windows. The software is primarily used for streaming on platforms such as Twitch but can also be used as a screen recorder. There are a few more options to play with but it’s also a bit more complicated given that it’s a multi-purpose software so it might take some getting used to. Here’s how to record the screen on Mac using OBS Studio:
1. Open the software and then select Scene. Next, you’ll want to go to Source followed by Add Icon and then finally click on Window Capture.
2. A new window will appear where you can change the name of the capture. Type a different name if necessary and then click the OK button.
3. Now you’ll need to select the specific window you want to record. The options will vary depending on what sort of apps you’re running so pick the option that applies best to you.
4. Now that everything is set up and ready to go you can begin to record the screen on Mac simply by pressing the Start Recording button. There’s also a Start Streaming button above it if you want to try it out and the Settings button is found beneath both of them, in case you want to make any changes.
If you’re wondering how to record the screen on Mac with sound included Monosnap is a pretty good option. The software also lets you quickly take screenshots of whatever you’re recording and can also record at 60 FPS. It’s a bit lighter on additional options compared to something like OBS but it gets the job done if you’re not looking for anything too fancy. Here’s how to record the screen on Mac using Monosnap:
1. Click on the drop-down menu located in the upper left corner and pick Record Video.
2. A new window will appear with a red Record button in the middle. Click this button if you want to record the screen on Mac without making any other changes.
3. If you do want to modify certain things click the Settings button to gain access to a few options. These include things like video quality, frame rate, and a few others.
4. To stop recording simply hit the Record button again. There’s also a button next to it that lets you pause the recording just in case you want to resume it later.
As you can tell by now, the steps you need to follow in order to record your Mac screen are nearly identical regardless of what software you use. It’s a similar situation with premium tools, however, the advantage of professional software is that you get a lot more functionality out of them. If you’re looking for speed, efficiency, and loads of extra features you’ll want to go with a premium product. A lot of these premium tools have trial versions that you can check out for free so don’t hesitate to try them out and pick the one that’s most suitable to your needs.
Mac and iOS go hand-in-hand but what if you have an iOS device and a Windows PC? As it happens, it is possible to record the screen of your iOS device using software that’s available on PC. In order to do that you’ll need DVDFab Screen Recorder & Editor for iOS. The name tells you everything you need to know about this screen recorder software. It works similar to the tools we discussed earlier but allows you to capture everything that’s happening on your iOS device, both video, and audio.
The software comes equipped with premium editing tools, quick conversion to MP4, and the ability to record off a webcam or microphone. You can also record as much as you want without having to worry about any annoying watermarks and you also get lag-free playback to boot. Those are just some of the highlights but there’s a lot more to look forward to.
1. Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and over 1000 other sites
2. Allow users to choose their preferred video quality to download, up to 8K in resolution
3. Download an entire playlist or process 5 download tasks to maximize work efficiency
4. Enable turbo-speed to download 10 times faster so as to save users' invaluable time
Convert videos to various video/audio formats
Rip DVDs to various video/audio formats
Rip Blu-rays to various video/audio formats
This article expounds top 10 free online audio converter through a deep analysis of their merits and drawbacks. Despite their unique features, these free online audio file converters cannot apply to all situations. When network connection breaks down, online video to audio converter does not work at all. In this case, desktop software like DVDFab Video Converter can help you out with a few clicks.
Compared with MP3, WMA is a better choice for pro music listeners, it has an overall better audio quality. Here are some of the best WMA music players which we tested.
Video editing might sound like something that only professionals do but there are basic free video editing software that makes it possible for individuals to make video edits. Now let’s check the top 20 free video editing software.